The Animal Services Agency offers adoption opportunities for dogs. Many dogs brought into the Animal Service Agency are strays that are never claimed by their owners and it is great to offer these dogs a second chance.
If you are interested in cat adoption, please consult the Yellow Pages under Animal Shelters.
If you are interested in adopting a dog:
- Browse our adoption photo gallery. Please Note: Adoption photos are updated weekly.
- Take some time to consider the important questions asked in choosing the right dog for you.
- Drop into the Animal Service Agency at 1057 Logan Avenue and visit available dogs during dog adoption hours.
- Please note that if you rent your living accommodation we require documentation from your landlord that you are able to have a dog prior to processing the adoption.
- Once you have chosen a dog that suits you and your family, the screening process includes completing a questionnaire and contract.
- You will be required to provide identification as well as payment in full.
- All intact dogs that are adopted from the Animal Services Agency must be spayed or neutered. Once your adoption request has been approved, your new dog's spay/neuter surgery will be scheduled.
All adoption fees are available on the Animal Services Fee Listing.
Adoption fees include:
- Mandatory spaying/neutering
- First license
- Veterinarian check up
- First vaccinations (excluding rabies)
- Microchip implant
- 6 weeks of free pet insurance
- Small bag of dog food
- De-worming for young pups
- Literature on responsible pet ownership.