Welcome to the exciting world of Aquatics!
The City of Winnipeg Community Services Department - Aquatic Services Division operates a number of indoor swimming pools.
Our purpose is to provide safe and enjoyable experiences in our Aquatics / Active Living facilities.
Swimming is a fun, educational and healthy lifestyle choice. Whether you are coming to enjoy some of the fun pool toys and equipment or enrolling in one of the many programs, we have something for everyone - infants to 55+!
North Centennial Recreation & Leisure Facility
St. James Assiniboia Centennial
St. James Civic Centre
Take a look at Pools at a Glance for a listing of amenities.
Swimming is a life skill; To learn more about our swim lessons.
Check Swimming for All Ages - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
There are 7 types of swim times offered. Public admission requirements apply to all swim times.
- Public Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone;
- Lap Swim: designated time for safe fitness swimming in lane formations;
- Free Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone; no admission fees apply;
- Loonie / Toonie Swim: designated time for safe activities for all people that meet admission requirements, admission fee for under 18 years is $ 1.00; admission fee for 18 years and over is $2.00;
- Family Swim: designated time for safe activities for families, adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by adults;
- Adult Swim: designated time for safe activities for people 18 years and over;
- Youth Swim: designated time for safe activities for swimmers 9 - 19 years of age.
For complete facility schedules, please visit the web page of the pool of your choice.
Free Swim Schedules
Spring - April 7 - June 14, 2015
Height Requirements - all children who do not meet the pool's height requirement must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
Entry Requirements - all children under 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
You could work as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard with us!
We offer all the courses you need to get certified to work with us— start today! Join the wave of the future . . . train to become a City of Winnipeg Instructor/Lifeguard . Read more
If you are 16 years of age and have a current National Lifeguard Service award; Standard First Aid; CPR C; Lifesaving & First Aid Instructors; Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, you could join our Instructor/Guard team.
Our 16 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week operation has great opportunities for part-time employees. Read more
To begin the application process on-line, visit www.winnipeg.ca/hr.
- Check Swimming for All Ages - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
- Pool Rules and Safety
- Pool Water Quality and Practicing Healthy Swimming Behaviours
- Entry Requirements
- Height Requirements
- Admission Rates
- Printable copy of Pool Entry, Admission and Safety Guidelines
- Click for Indoor Track locations and schedules
- Have a party at the pool - click for information on Pool Party planning