A building, place, or institution devoted to the acquisition, conservation, study, exhibition, and educational interpretation of objects having scientific, historical, or artistic value.
Winnipeg is home to a diverse and spectacular collection of museums preserving and showcasing Winnipeg’s rich and varied heritage. The City of Winnipeg Museums Board works with museums in Winnipeg, to tell the stories of Winnipeg and to meet the needs of citizens and City Council through five Winnipeg‐focused outcomes:
- sustainable preservation of Winnipeg’s diverse heritage,
- sustainable economic growth,
- stronger community and social ties,
- improved quality of life indices; and
- strengthened financial accountability.
For information on Winnipeg’s Museums, including profiles of their collections, contact information and hours of operation please visit: www.winnipegmuseums.com.