Make a Report Citizen Online Reporting System
If this is an emergency or crime in progress please call 911.
Report a Crime Online
Click on one of the five following incident types to file your report online:
All other crimes must be reported by calling the police non-emergency line at 204-986-6222 or by visiting a local police station.
Watch the Introductory Video
Find Out More About this System
- What is online reporting?
- What can I report online?
- How does online reporting work?
- Can I provide feedback on this system?
- The Winnipeg Police Service encourages citizens to report all crimes, and online reporting provides a convenient reporting option
- Online reports are entered instantly eliminating travel and wait times
- You will receive a copy of the police report
- The offence is not an emergency
- The offence occurred within the City of Winnipeg
- There are no known suspects or witnesses (name, license plate, etc.)
- There are no surveillance images or evidence (items) left behind by the suspect(s)
- You must have an email address
The process takes approximately 15 minutes and you will be guided through a series of steps to complete the report.
Basic personal and contact information will be required, as well as particulars such as approximate date, time and location of offence. Details of personal property such as serial numbers and approximate value may also be required.
You will have an opportunity to review and modify your report prior to completion.
Once you have submitted the report, you will be assigned a temporary tracking number and can print an unofficial copy of the report for your records.
All online police reports will be reviewed within 3 business days.
Upon approval, you will receive an email notification with the permanent occurrence number and a PDF copy of the official report.
If additional information is required, you may be contacted by an officer.
The Winnipeg Police Service encourages your input with this new online reporting initiative. If you have comments and suggestions that would help us improve this system, please send us your feedback.
For additional information, we encourage you to review our Citizen Online Reporting Frequently Asked Questions.
December 17, 2012
* Top of Page