Out of Town Applicants
OUT OF TOWN RESIDENT - Is an applicant who resides more than 400 kilometers from the City of Winnipeg. The Winnipeg Police Service realizes that their Out of Town Applicants must make additional arrangements to participate in their selection process. As such, amendments have been made to Step 1 and Step 2 of the selection process.
Step 1 (Out of Town Applicant)
Applications may be mailed or otherwise forwarded to:
WINNIPEG POLICE SERVICE
P.O. Box 1680
The Winnipeg Police Service does not accept resumes or applications through email.
The following documentation must be sent in with the application:
- **Certified true copy of education meeting MINIMUM qualification (Grade 12). Examples include: high school diploma (Grade 12), or FINAL high school transcript (must indicate graduated), or GED certificate. For applicants submitting foreign credentials, academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service.
- Original driver's abstract dated within 30 days of application date. Driver's abstract must report driving history for a five year period.
- Photocopy of driver's license with photo.
- Personal resume.
- **Certified true copy of Canadian citizenship (ie. Birth Certificate or Passport or Permanent Resident/Landed Immigrant documents).
- **Certified true copy of Pardon papers if applicable. There is no need to re-submit pardon papers once they are on file.
- Original Winnipeg Police Service Vision Test Report completed by a qualified physician. (Related costs will be incurred by applicant). This form is valid for a 12 month period from the test date. If applicable, Eye Surgery Report/Questionnaire.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the Winnipeg Police Recruiting Office at 204-986-6204 within 21 days of forwarding his or her application to ensure that it and all applicable documentation was received and that the minimum qualifications have been met. Should any of the documentation be missing, the application will not be considered complete and will not be processed any further. Documents will not be returned.
** Copies must be certified by a Notary Public.
Instructions for filling out application
Ensure that all portions of the first page of the application form are completed except the area marked "Office Use Only" and the Recruit Class number. The second page of the form is a voluntary declaration and is therefore optional. Do not fill out any areas below the line marked "For Office Use Only".
Step 2 (Out of Town Applicant) - Written Test
As dates for the written test will vary, all Out of Town applicants will be notified in advance by way of letter of a scheduled written test date.
Select step 2 to learn more about this process.
The selection process for Out of Town applicants will require that they travel to Winnipeg on several occasions. All travel and relocation costs will be the responsibility of the applicant.
Before making travel arrangements, please confirm the written test date with the Winnipeg Police Recruiting Office at 204-986-6204, as the test date is subject to change and availability.