- 18 years of age.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant).
- Education (Manitoba Grade 12 or equivalency eg. GED).
- Foreign credentials require assessment by Manitoba Labour and Immigration after a completed application form is submitted and the applicant has met all other minimum qualifications.
- No involvement in any criminal activity within the last two years (including illegal drugs).
- No criminal record for which a Pardon has not been granted.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License (Full).
- No more than 4 demerits on Driver's Abstract as assessed by the Winnipeg Police Service.
- Driver's Abstract must be dated within 30 days of application date.
- Must meet current Winnipeg Police Service vision standards.
- Successful completion of the Winnipeg Police Service – Physical Abilities Test (WPS-PAT).
Hearing Standard - Hearing loss in both ears to be no greater than:
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Occupational Health Branch at 204-986-5218.