- 18 years of age.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant).
- Education – a Canadian high school diploma (Grade 12), (1st year CEGEP in Quebec) or G.E.D. Applicants educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to Grade 12 in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service.*
- Foreign credentials require assessment.
- No involvement in any criminal activity within the last two years (including illegal drugs).
- No criminal record for which a Pardon has not been granted.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License (Full).
- No more than 4 demerits on Driver's Abstract as assessed by the Winnipeg Police Service.
- Driver's Abstract must be dated within 30 days of application date.
- Must meet current Winnipeg Police Service vision standards.
- Successful completion of the Winnipeg Police Service – Physical Abilities Test (WPS-PAT).
Hearing Standard - Hearing loss in both ears to be no greater than:
Frequency 500 Hz 1000 Hz 2000 Hz 3000 Hz Each Ear 25 dB 25 dB 25 dB 25 dB
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Occupational Health Branch at 204-986-5218.
* Recognized Canadian assessment services are members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC). They offer a variety of assessment products including Basic/General or Comprehensive/Detailed reports. While either type of report can be submitted, only a Basic/General report is required.