STEP 2: WRITTEN TEST
The Winnipeg Police Service written test is an 80 minute multiple choice test based on general grade 12 knowledge. The test covers 5 areas; each area is timed separately and measures your understanding of the following:
- Vocabulary - word meaning
- Comprehension - understanding of what you read
- Language Mechanics - writing skills such as grammar and punctuation
- Language Expression - sentence structure
- Mathematics Concepts and Applications - problem solving
The pass mark is 65%.
- Applicants who pass the written exam with a mark of 65% or better hold that mark for five years which is applicable for the Constable and Cadet application process.
- Applicants who fail the written exam must wait one year from the initial application acceptance date for that class to be eligible to re-apply.
- There are no restrictions on the number of times this test can be written.