- 20/20 Vision both eyes
Corrective Lenses Needed:
- With corrective lenses at least 20/20 with both eyes
- Without corrective lenses at least 20/40 both eyes with one eye no worse than 20/80
- Colour vision should be normal
- 150 continuous degrees along the horizontal meridian and 20 degrees above and below the fixation point with both eyes
- No significant difficulty with glare or night vision.
- No significant diurnal instability in visual testing or function.
- Additional medical information is required for applicants who have had surgery and have completed a 6 month waiting period.
- Minimum waiting period of six months post-op.
Please have the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist of your choice complete the vision form. Completed forms that meet the vision standards must be submitted to the Winnipeg Police Service at the time of application or your application will not be accepted.
Please note: The Winnipeg Police Service is not responsible for any costs incurred to have the vision form completed.
- Pure tone hearing loss no greater than 25 dB in both ears in the 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 Hz range.
- No single frequency shall exceed 35 dB in the 500- 3000 Hz range.
- The 4000 Hz shall not exceed 45 dB.
- Complete In Canal hearing aides are allowed
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Winnipeg Occupational Health Branch at 204-986-5218.