The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Posting #: 110053
Be a part of the City of Winnipeg! We are recruiting Maintenance Workers for the Transit Department's Plant & Equipment Division.
**ALL APPLICANTS WHO HAVE APPLIED FOR POSTING NO. 109477, DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY TO POSTING 110053**
As the Maintenance Worker you will be:
- Performing a variety of duties, on a relief basis, within 3 classifications: Bus Servicer, General Helper and Labourer. This is a temporary full time position.
Your experience includes:
- High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year working experience in an industrial environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- The ability to work in a shop environment and outdoors, which includes extreme weather conditions.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver's Licence in good standing, air brake endorsement preferred.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts and perform varied hours of work.
- Must be physically able to perform the manual labour components of work within the classification.
- All applicants must submit a detailed resume, including copy of Driver's License and a current Drivers Abstract.
**APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment, which includes a drug and alcohol test, at the Occupational Health Branch.
- A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense.
- As a condition of employment, instructional air brake endorsement will be required within 3 weeks from start date.
If YOU are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application, including a detailed resume, online at http://www.winnipeg.ca/resumeol/peoplesoft/apply.asp AND e-mail TRN-Recruit@winnipeg.ca with all required documentation.
If you do not have access to e-mail please send your application in person or by mail, quoting Posting #: 110053 by Monday, December 30, 2013 to: Recruitment Coordinator, Transit Department, 421 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3L 2A2. Applications submitted without the requested documentation will not be considered.
The salary range for this position is $1,169.78 - $1,582.95 bi-weekly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
For more information on this opportunity and other careers within the City, visit: http://winnipeg.ca/hr/
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Online Application Form
Last update: 16.09.2013
* Top of Page