The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic city with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Instructor Guard I
Posting #: 110567
Are you interested in providing safe and enjoyable aquatic services through one of Winnipegs many pool facilities? Currently we are accepting applications to establish an eligibility list to fill future vacancies.
As an Instructor Guard you will be:
* Instructing Lifesaving and learn to swim programs
* Lifeguarding Public Swim and Aquatic programs
* Performing daily facility maintenance duties
* 16 years of age
* National Lifeguard Award (NLS-Core and Pool)
* Lifesaving and First Aid Instructor Certificate (LSI)
* Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate (WSI)
* Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR C (St John Ambulance, Red Cross, Criti-Care, or Aquatic Emergency Care)
* CPR Level C Certificate (Renewed annually)
* Manitoba Fitness Council certifications for Group; Resistance; Older Adults; Aqua Fitness
* NCCP certification for Water Polo; Synchronized Swimming; Diving
If YOU are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application either Online or In-person.
1. Go to www.winnipeg.ca/resumeol/peoplesoft/apply.asp;
2. Complete City of Winnipeg Application for Employment;
3. Wait one business day;
4. In-person visit City Hall, 510 Main Street, Main Floor- Administration Building
5. Provide administration staff with photocopies only of all current and valid certifications (no originals); fill-out essential additional information forms and inform administration staff that you have applied on-line.
1. Visit City Hall, 510 Main Street, Main Floor - Administration Building;
2. Provide administration staff with detailed resume; photocopies only of all current and valid certifications (no originals), and fill-out essential additional information forms.
- The City of Winnipeg offers Standard First Aid Level C - CPR and recertification courses. For detailed information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/leisureonline.ca or call 311.
- Successful applicants are required to provide a current and valid Criminal Record Check [Vulnerable Sector]. To obtain Criminal Record Search information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police
- Posting closes: December 31, 2014.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted with further instructions by our leading aquatics staff.
The salary for this position is $17.44 hourly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
For more information on this opportunity and other careers within the City, visit: winnipeg.ca/hr/
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Online Application Form
Last update: 16.09.2013
* Top of Page