The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANT
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
Posting #: 111259
As the Human Resource Consultant, you will be a leader within a departmental human resources team responsible for supporting the development, administration, and maintenance of human resource systems and services including: recruitment and selection, payroll, employee benefits, employee records and information systems, labour relations, job description and job evaluation processes, employee relations, respectful workplace complaints and reviews, and investigation, research, and special projects relative to the Human Resource function.
As the Human Resource Consultant you will be:
- Providing advice, interpretation, and administration on collective agreements, job class/compensation systems, attendance and performance management, civic and departmental HR policies, and HR legislation to ensure consistency in application.
- Providing support in the area of Labour Relations including investigating, researching and making recommendations on grievance and disciplinary matters, attending labour management meetings, assisting in the development of Supplemental Agreements, Letters of Understanding, and Memorandums of Agreement, and participating in collective bargaining processes.
- Coordinating the recruitment, selection, promotion, and placement process for the efficient deployment of staff.
- Overseeing Human Resource and Employee Record Systems including the provision of payroll, benefits, and employee classification and compensation for a number of bargaining units.
- Conducting research and analysis on Human Resource issues/initiatives, and undertaking projects and committee work to strengthen human resource policies, functions, and activities across the Department.
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Business or Public Administration or related field, plus a diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years human resources experience in a directly related position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to administer, collective agreements, benefit programs, Human Rights and human resources related legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management abilities.
- A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Applicants will be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
If YOU are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application, including a detailed resume, online at winnipeg.ca/hr OR, by mail quoting Posting #: 111259 by Monday, August 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm to: Recruitment - Human Resources, Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service, 2nd Floor, 185 King Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1J1.
The salary range for this position is $2,359.10 - $3,088.58 bi-weekly. We have great benefits and competitive salaries and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
For more information on this opportunity and other careers within the City, visit: http://winnipeg.ca/hr/
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Online Application Form
Last update: 16.09.2013
* Top of Page