Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |

Opening or closing an account

If you are moving within the Province, you can give us your new address at: Icon indicating a link which will open up a new browser window and take you to a Web site outside of the City of Winnipeg's Web site provides a simple way to notify multiple organizations of your change of address. Save time and avoid duplicating your efforts as you update your address for:

  • The City of Winnipeg Water and Waste Department
  • Manitoba Hydro
  • Shaw
  • Manitoba Health

If you’re moving in, and are financially responsible for water at your new address, you need to open an account:

Contact us to:

  • provide us with your initial meter reading
  • establish yourself as the new account holder. We will require:
    • your name
    • names of anyone financially responsible for the utility bill
    • service address
    • date of possession
    • mailing address (if different than account address)
    • phone number(s)
    • your landlord's name, mailing address and phone number if you are a tenant

If you're moving out and need to close an account:

Contact the Utility Billing Centre to provide us with the details of your move. Then, phone in your final meter reading to 204-986-3212, our 24-hour moving in / moving out automated water meter reading system. Recorded instructions will prompt you to give us:

  • the address where the meter reading was taken
  • the water meter reading
  • the date the meter reading was taken
  • your full name, mailing address and telephone number

Contact us for more information or if you have questions.

Last updated: January 31, 2017

Contact us