Role of French Language Services Branch
- Provides leadership to the Public Service to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the provisions of Part 9 of the City of Winnipeg Charter (the Charter) and By-law for the Provision of Municipal Services in Both Official Languages (the By-law), relating to the delivery of services in both official languages and compliance with its statutory obligations.
- Acts as prime point of contact with respect to policies, goals and targets for the provision of French language services.
- Advises on, coordinates, oversees, and monitors the provision of municipal services in accordance with, and in satisfaction of the requirements, of the Charter and the By-law.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and evaluates policies, procedures, and programs for the City as it relates to the delivery of services in both official languages .
- Manages and administers the civic operations within the tri-level government St. Boniface Bilingual Service Centre.
- Ensures that the City’s French language services program remains relevant to client needs by facilitating discussion with the Franco-Manitoban community, receives complaints from the public regarding French language services, and collaborates with departments to resolve such complaints.
Last update: July 11, 2018