Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg logo


  |  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |  

Text size: change text size to small A | change text size to medium A | change text size to largeA

Departments City Hall Visitors Business Residents Contact 311 Contact 311 Residents Business Visitors City Hall Departments Menu

Our City, Our Stories

Animals and Insects
Emergency and Safety
Libraries, Recreation and Leisure
Parks, Trees and the Environment
Homeowner, Renter and Business Information
Transportation and Streets
Water and Waste
Celebrating City Employees
Other City Information

The City of Winnipeg does not authorize door-to-door salespersons to perform water quality testing

Drinking water provided by the City meets or outperforms safety and quality standards

May 1, 2019

Having safe drinking water is essential for Winnipeg residents. That’s why the City of Winnipeg takes several steps to ensure our water is safe.

“Crews monitor the water around the clock at the water treatment plant and pumping stations,” said Renee Grosselle, Water and Waste Department’s Manager of Environmental Standards.

Grosselle said the City does more water testing than is required by the province, and the safety and quality of the drinking water meets or outperforms provincial regulated standards.

The City of Winnipeg takes several steps to ensure the drinking water is safe.

Grosselle wants people to know the City is aware some residents have been approached by private companies claiming to provide unnecessary and expensive water testing or treatment solutions.

She said these private companies use a variety of methods to convince homeowners to purchase expensive home water treatment or filtration systems.

If someone visits your home claiming to be a City representative, Grosselle said you should ask for photo ID before allowing them to enter your home. All City employees have photo identification. If you have any concerns about the identification, you should contact 311.