Links & Resources
The David Suzuki Foundation website has a wealth of information on pesticide-free lawn care, current information on cosmetic pesticide bans across Canada, and gardening tips, among all of its other useful articles and suggestions.
Pesticide Reduction is Possible!, a project of the World Wildlife Federation (WWF),
(All available both at the Winnipeg Public Libraries and the Manitoba Eco-Network's Library)
- Natural Pest Control; Alternatives to Chemicals for the Home and Garden, by Andrew Lopez. Chelsea Green Publishing Company; 2nd edition 1998.
- Ortho's All About Lawns (Ortho's All About), by Warren Schultz. Houghton Mifflin: 1989.
- Creating the Prairie Xeriscape- Low Maintenance, Water Efficient Gardening, by Sara Williams. 1997.
- How to Get your Lawn Off Grass: a North American guide to turning off the water tap and going native, by Carole Rubin 2002.
- Naturescape Manitoba, Manitoba Naturalists Society 2006.
- The Rodale Guide to Composting, by Jerry Minnich, Marjorie Hunt, and the Editors of Organic Gardening magazine, (Rodale Press), 1979.
- Rodale's All-New Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Resource for Every Gardener, by Fern Marshall Bradley and Barbara W. Ellis, eds. Rodale Books 1993.