May 10, 2019
Released: 8:35 a.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At approximately 8:56 p.m. on May 9, 2019, Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) crews responded to reports of a fire in a single storey residential dwelling in the 600 block of Haney St. West. Once on scene, crews found a fire in the kitchen and utilized an offensive fire attack strategy for control and extinguishment. The occupants were able to self-evacuate before crews arrived on scene.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire has been determined as accidental due to careless cooking. No damage estimates are available at this time.
The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service would like to remind citizens not to leave food unattended on the stove top while cooking.
Sargent Avenue Fire
At approximately 2:17 a.m. on May 10, 2019, WFPS crews responded to a three storey apartment complex in the 700 block of Sargent Ave. Once on scene crews declared a working fire and quickly extinguished it utilizing an interior attack. No injuries were reported and the fire is under investigation. Damage estimates are not available.