Giveaway Weekend returns September 11 and 12
Released: 1:36 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – Do you have items in good condition that you’ll never use again? Find a new owner for those reusable, unwanted items taking up space, or browse the curbs for some great finds, when giveaway weekend returns on September 11 and 12.
Tips if you are giving away items
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign
- Store items out of sight that you don't want to give away
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday
Examples of giveaway items include:
- Books, CDs, and DVDs
- Furniture, electronics, and small appliances
- Sports equipment and toys
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, and shovels)
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots, and pans
- Unwanted gifts
- Construction material (e.g., nails, paint, and wood)
Please do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe
- Items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, and bedding)
- Toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
Tips if you are cruising the curbs looking for treasures
- Take only the items at the curb marked "FREE"
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home
- Don't walk or drive on private lawns or gardens
- Don't discard any items on private property
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don't block traffic, park illegally, or block driveways with your vehicle), drive safely, and watch out for children
For more information on the giveaway weekend, including what to do with leftover items, contact 311 or visit winnipeg.ca/giveawayweekend.