Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responds to fire on Young Street
Released: 2:56 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At 9:08 a.m. on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to reports of a fire in a two-storey apartment building in the 100 block of Young Street.
When crews arrived on scene they encountered smoke in the building. An offensive attack was launched and the fire was declared under control at 9:39 a.m.
Occupants of the building were temporarily evacuated and sheltered aboard a Winnipeg Transit bus. No injuries were reported.
Preliminary observations suggest the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction. Damage estimates are not available at this time.