Copies of Archival Records
The City of Winnipeg Archives is closed to the public until further notice. Staff will continue to offer reference services by telephone and email. To discuss your research needs, please contact the Archives at 204-986-5325 or email email@example.com. To search and access records online, visit Winnipeg in Focus.
Please review the COVID-19 safety measures before visiting.
Veuillez lire les mesures de précaution liées au COVID-19 avant votre venue.
Archival material may be photocopied unless prohibited for reasons of confidentiality, copyright, or physical condition.
- Depending on the size and condition of records, Archives' staff will prepare photocopy requests at a cost of .50¢ per page plus applicable taxes.
- Researchers can make copies of records available on microfilm at a cost of .50¢ per page plus applicable taxes.
- Cameras are permitted in the Research Room. Researchers can make copies of records using their own cameras.
- Personal scanners and other reproduction equipment are not permitted in the Research Room.
- Reproductions of photographs can be ordered. Photographic reproductions are done offsite. Archives' staff will assist upon request. Note that researchers are required to cover the cost of producing a negative, if required. Negatives are retained by the Archives.
Credit must be given to the City of Winnipeg Archives. Documents from the City of Winnipeg Archives should be cited as follows:
- City of Winnipeg Archives
Title, Area/Aisle/Box/File and/or Page Reference