Every year, the Winnipeg Police Board reaches out by hosting community consultation meetings where you can learn more about the activities of the Winnipeg Police Board and the Winnipeg Police Service. These meetings are an opportunity to ask questions, raise concerns, and tell the Board what public safety issues are important to you.
What is the Board’s consultation process?
The Board follows a similar process each year:
- Publish a report on local public safety issues and the context for policing in Winnipeg
- Hold a minimum of two consultation meetings open to all members of the community
- Accept written submissions from community members and organizations
- Report back to the public on the input the Board received
- Use the input to update the strategic plan that the Board develops for the Winnipeg Police Service so that it reflects citizens’ current priorities
- Publish the updated strategic plan
Past consultation results
The Board publishes the results of its annual consultations online. The most recent reports are for the 2019 consultation process.
More opportunities to connect
Although the Board’s annual consultation meetings are scheduled to take place each May and June, there are opportunities throughout the year to share your questions, comments, ideas or concerns with the Board. Please see our page on how to engage with the Board for more information.
If your organization would benefit from a presentation by the Winnipeg Police Board on its mandate, activities, or public safety in Winnipeg, you can contact us through email.