Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Stay up-to-date with news and information related to reducing and preventing sexual violence on the local, national and international level!
Winnipeg Safe City

Transportation Safety

Taxicabs/Personal Transportation Providers (PTPs)

If you use Taxicabs or Personal Transportation Providers (limos and ride-share vehicles), these safety tips are for you:  

Know Your Taxi
Connaissez Votre Taxi

Know Your PTP
Connaissez Votre FSTP

Winnipeg Transit

Did you know that Winnipeg Transit offers a Request Stop Service for your safety and convenience? This allows bus riders to exit the bus in between stops if they are feeling unsafe. Please inform the Bus Operator at least one stop ahead of the requested stop and exit by the front door only. This service is available every day from 7 pm until the end of service.

Note: It is always in the Bus Operator’s discretion if it is safe to allow a rider to exit between stops.

Additional Winnipeg Transit information

Winnipeg Transit Plus

Formerly known as Handi-Transit, Winnipeg Transit Plus offers transportation services for people with disabilities.

Conact Winnipeg Transit Plus or visit the website for more information.

Complaints/Reporting Process:

To report potential criminal activity or a potential crime in progress, please call 9-1-1.

To make a report to police that is not an emergency dial the Police Non-Emergency telephone number, 204-986-6222.

Reporting emergencies

If you have a negative experience while using public transportation (i.e.: Winnipeg Transit, Winnipeg Transit Plus, taxicabs, or PTPs), you may wish to report your complaint. Making a complaint allows the City of Winnipeg to track issues within these industries so that enforcement can be effective and service can be improved.

Learn more about:

Last update: February 27, 2020
Make the Right Call
  • Emergency calls:
    Call 9-1-1
  • Police non-emergency calls:
  • City Services: 3-1-1

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.