2019 Citizen Appointments to Boards & Commissions
The Council of the City of Winnipeg is seeking citizens to serve on its various Boards and Commissions.
Canadian citizens who reside in Winnipeg and who are entitled to vote in municipal elections in the City of Winnipeg are eligible to apply. For more information, or to apply online, please select the appropriate Board or Commission from the list below.
Applications are now being accepted to fill vacancies on the following boards:
- Access Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Citizen Equity Committee
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres Board of Directors
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Library Advisory Committees
- Records Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St.James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
- St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association(Grant’s Old Mill)
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee For Safety
- Winnipeg Food Council
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Police Board
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Who may apply?
Canadian citizens who reside in Winnipeg and who are entitled to vote in municipal elections in the City of Winnipeg are eligible to apply.
When is the deadline to apply?
Applications must be received in the City Clerk's Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19, 2018 or postmarked no later than Friday, October 19, 2018.
After the application deadline, submissions will be reviewed and successful candidates will be appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2019. Appointments will be made available for review in the Council meeting minutes on the City of Winnipeg’s Decision Making Information System website. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.