Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
What’s Your Residential Street Snow Zone?
Watch Live and Archived Council and Committee Meetings
Council Building
City Clerk's

City Clerk's Services
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. Can I get married at City Hall?

    Yes. The City Clerk's Department will perform civil marriage ceremonies at City Hall at a cost of $500 per ceremony. Please visit the Marriage Services page for more detailed information.

  2. Serving Legal Papers

    The City of Winnipeg Charter states that a notice or other document required to be served on the City must be served by delivering it to the City Clerk or an employee designated by the City Clerk.

  3. Can I get a legal document signed/witnessed at City Hall?

    It depends. See Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public Information.

  4. How do I book a tour at City Hall?

    Tours can be arranged during business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, by appointment only. To request a tour, call 311.
Last update: June 17, 2016

City Clerk Contact
Public Hearing Process Brochure