Winnipeg Wellness Grant Program
The Winnipeg Wellness Grant is a one-time initiative funded from the Federal Safe Restart Agreement that will provide up to $40,000 per electoral ward to support community activities and initiatives that reduce the emotional, physical and spiritual stress of the COVID-19 pandemic and allow residents to connect with one another in a safe way.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for the grant:
- community centres
- faith-based organizations
- businesses and business organizations (including Business Improvement Zones)
- not-for-profit organizations
Community groups (unincorporated groups of individuals that have, or intend to provide activities and services for the benefit of their community) are also eligible to apply for grants up to a maximum of $5,000.
Funds must be used to help address the negative impacts on Winnipeg residents associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications must clearly demonstrate how the activity/initiative will comply with current Provincial Public Health Orders. Funding activities must take place within the City of Winnipeg and expenses must be incurred on or before April 30, 2021. No funding will be permitted to carry over to a future date.
Organizations applying for grant funds must accept responsibility for expending the funds in accordance with their application.
Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Department by February 28, 2021.
How to applyApply online
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of their online application:
- Contact information including the primary contact name, mailing address and email address
- The total grant amount requested and which ward(s) the funds are being requested from (applicants may request funds from multiple wards)
- A description of the activity/initiative to be funded by the grant
- A description of how the grant funds would be used to support the activity/initiative
- A description of how the activity/initiative will benefit the community
- How the activity/initiative will adhere to the Provincial Public Health Orders in place at the time of application
- Confirmation that the applicant will agree to the terms and conditions of funding, including necessary reporting requirements
Grant recipients under this program must:
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the funding
- Submit a report detailing the use of funds to the City Clerk’s Department on or before June 30, 2021
- Return any unused funds by June 30, 2021
Each member of Council will submit their recommendations for the distribution of funds from their ward allocation to the City Clerk. Only successful applicants will be notified. Approved funds may be subject to the applicant and the City entering into an agreement setting out the terms and conditions of such funding.