Proof of Name and Current Address
The City of Winnipeg requires every voter to provide proof of their name and current address by showing identification. You have two options:
Show one original piece of identification with your photo, name and address. It must be issued by a government agency.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Enhanced Identification card
Please note that documentation such as Passports and Birth Certificates DO NOT provide proof of current address and must be presented in conjunction with ID displaying current address.
Show two original pieces of authorized identification that together provide evidence of your name and current address.
- Manitoba Health Services Commission card,
- Manitoba Blue Cross card,
- a blank personalized cheque,
- a credit card statement,
- an Old Age Pension/Security card,
- an Income Tax Assessment statement,
- a utility bill.
For more information, please call 311 to reach the City of Winnipeg's Contact Centre.