Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Watch Live and Archived Council and Committee Meetings
Council Building
City Clerk's

Collection and Use of Personal Information

The City of Winnipeg makes every effort to protect your personal privacy. FIPPA permits public bodies, like the City of Winnipeg, to collect, use and disclose your personal information. There are, however, privacy considerations and responsibilities under FIPPA that apply to use, disclosure, retention, security and destruction of records. Apart from the exceptions that are laid out in the Act, the City of Winnipeg cannot collect, use or share your personal information without your consent.

If you have any questions about the collection or use of your personal information, contact the Corporate FIPPA Coordinator by mail at the City Clerk's Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9, or by telephone at 311. You also have the right to make a complaint about the handling of your personal information to the Manitoba Ombudsman. Complaint forms are available on the Manitoba Ombudsman's website or you can contact their office by phone at 204-982-9130 or toll-free at 1-800-665-0531.

Council and Committee Meetings:

You should be aware that given the public nature of Council and Committee meetings, an individual who submits an email or written correspondence to a Member of Council or the administration should expect that the correspondence, including his/her personal information (name and address), might be disclosed and placed in the minutes of a meeting for the public record.

This also means that if a copy of the correspondence regarding a public hearing is requested by a third party (for instance, the media), the correspondence, including personal information contained therein, will be disclosed.

Please be aware that by sending emails, written correspondence or filling out a registration form to address a Committee at a public hearing, you are giving consent for your personal information to be placed on the public record.

Last update: September 25, 2015
Application Forms
How To Contact Us
  • Phone: 204-986-7509
  • Fax: 204-986-7133
  • Email: FIPPA
  • 510 Main Street
    Susan A. Thompson Building
    Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.