Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
What’s Your Residential Street Snow Zone?
Watch Live and Archived Council and Committee Meetings
Council Building
City Clerk's

Making a Request

Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), you have the right to request access to City records and information about yourself or other matters of interest to you.

Before submitting a FIPPA application, check the following websites and resources to determine if the information is already publicly available or if it is available through another process:

Lists of records released proactively and through responses to requests made to the City through The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Information about City services.
Access many of the City’s freely available data sets.
Access the Decision Making Information System for Committee and Council Reports, Minutes, and Meetings.
Locate property-related information by either searching on an address or by searching by type of facility.
Obtain property-specific environmental records, including by-law violations, records of spills, outstanding compliance orders, and records of monitoring or surcharging.
Access specific information regarding records such as building plans, etc.
Access historical records.
Winnipeg Police Services statistics, graphs and maps.
Information on selling to the City, past and current Bid Opportunities, and City policy regarding Materials Management.

To make a FIPPA request, you must complete the FIPPA application form. Describe the records you wish to access as clearly and as specifically as possible. Include your name, address and telephone number where you can be reached. Sign the form and keep a copy for your reference.

Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to questions about response time, possible fees and the complaint process.

The Manitoba Ombudsman website provides a free, one-page guide called “Tips for making a FIPPA request.” that can help you when you fill out your application form.

Application Form

Submit the completed application form to the City Clerk's Department by mail, fax or email; note, the City cannot guarantee the security of your personal information if you choose to submit it by email.

City Clerk's Department
Susan A. Thompson Building
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1B9
Fax: 204-986-7133

Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form

If you are requesting information about another person, you must supply the City of Winnipeg with the other person’s written consent to disclose their personal information, in addition to the application form.

Proof of Authority Form

If you are requesting information on behalf of someone else, you must supply the City of Winnipeg with signed authorization from that individual, in addition to the application form.

Last update: February 4, 2020
Application Forms
How To Contact Us
  • Phone: 311
  • Fax: 204-986-7133
  • Email: FIPPA
  • 510 Main Street
    Susan A. Thompson Building
    Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9