The owner/occupant of a property is responsible for the maintenance of their property, which includes the conditions of the grounds, fence and accessory buildings. For example:
- noxious weeds must be controlled on a property
- fences must be maintained in weather resistant condition by application of paint or preservative and kept in good condition
- properties must be free from any accumulation of dog or animal wastes
- properties must be maintained so that litter, refuse or other debris do not accumulate so as to be unsightly
- properties must kept free of derelict vehicles or auto parts
- accessory buildings must be maintained and be protected with a weather resistant paint or preservative
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do if my neighbour’s grass is very long and full of weeds?
The property down the street has an accumulation of junk (tree branches, garbage, rubbish, scrap metal, scrap wood, lumber, auto parts, derelict vehicles, tires, renovation or construction debris), what can be done?
- Properties must be maintained and free of any accumulation of junk or debris and not be unsightly. To register a complaint, contact the City at 311
Are unlicensed vehicles allowed to be stored on a property?
Last update: April 3, 2018