The photo contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a photo.
Contest Rules and Regulations
- Contest is open to residents of the City of Winnipeg.
- Photos taken must be within the City of Winnipeg and must not promote the advertising of any particular organization.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2018. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible.
- Files need to be submitted in JPEG format with a resolution of 300 DPI. JPEG file must not exceed 3MB-9MB in file size. Colour photos are preferred.
- Submissions must not include copyright-protected material by third parties unless permission has been granted.
- Photos that contain inappropriate or offensive material or depict dangerous activities will not be accepted at the sole discretion of the City of Winnipeg.
- There is no limit to the number of photos you can submit.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
- All photos and stories submitted will become property of the City of Winnipeg, whether selected as a winning entry or not.
- The winners will be notified directly by the City of Winnipeg.
- On June 19, 2018 the City of Winnipeg will select three (3) winning photos from all entries received. The three (3) winners will each receive one (1) Family Outdoor Pool Pass for the 2018 season. The winning photos may also be featured on the cover of an upcoming Leisure Guide or Priceless Fun Brochure. Decisions by the City of Winnipeg are final.
- Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Qualifying winners must sign a declaration and claim form in order to claim their prize. If a prize is unclaimed within thirty (30) days following notification, the next eligible person will qualify to win.
- By submitting an entry, entrants warrant and represent the following with respect to their submission:
- the entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the submission and its copyright;
- the submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and
- any third parties appearing in the submission have given their consent to having their image entered into the contest.
- By participating, entrants agree to release, indemnify and save harmless the City of Winnipeg from and against all claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this contest or any contest related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge and agree that all submissions may be reproduced, cut, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials or otherwise modified, and published, without notice or compensation, in any electronic media or printed material, including books, catalogues, or promotional material, published by the City of Winnipeg, and that any third party copyright holder has consented to the submission.
- Personal information, including photo submissions, is being collected pursuant to section 36 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, C.C.S.M c. F175 and will be used for the purposes of promoting, publicizing or administering programs and services offered by the City and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Any questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to the responsible Access and Privacy Coordinator by email at FIPPA@winnipeg.ca.
Last update: February 1, 2019