Fitness centres, weight rooms & running tracks
Effective May 8, 2021 and until further notice:
- All recreation and leisure programs and services, including Leisure Guide programs, are suspended.
- All City-owned and operated fitness and leisure centres, gyms, indoor pools, and arenas are closed.
Beginning Thursday, May 13 all library branches will be open for contactless holds pick-up and return only.
Dès le 8 mai 2021 et jusqu’à nouvel ordre :
- Tous les programmes et services de loisirs, y compris les programmes du Guide Loisirs, sont interrompus.
- Tous les centres de conditionnement physique et de loisirs, tous les gymnases, toutes les piscines intérieures et tous les arénas que la Ville possède et exploite sont fermés.
À compter du 13 mai, il sera possible de ramasser des articles réservés et de retourner des livres seulement à toutes les succursales de la Bibliothèque.
Below is a list of our fitness centres which include weight rooms and indoor Running tracks.
|Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex||999 Sargent Ave.||
|Elmwood Kildonans||909 Concordia Ave.||
|Fort Rouge Leisure Centre||625 Osborne St.||
|Freight House Recreation Centre||Door #1 - 200 Isabel St.||
|Kinsmen Sherbrook||380 Sherbrook St.||
|Pan Am Pool||25 Poseidon Bay||
|Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre||1400 Rothesay St.||
|Sergeant Tommy Prince Place||90 Sinclair St.||
|St. James Assiniboia Centennial||644 Parkdale St.||
|St. James Civic Centre Pool||2055 Ness Ave.||
Fitness block registration
Registration for a block of fitness time is encouraged. Registration fitness blocks will update weekly, for a week at a time. Residents are able to pre-book two-hour fitness blocks by contacting 311 or through leisureONLINE.
A leisureONLINE account is required. Customers will need to add family members to their account in order to book swim blocks for family members. Single admission rates will apply for each family member.
Video tutorials are available on:
How to create an account
How to register for an activity
Rules & guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that weight training / exercise rooms are clean, safe, and enjoyable places to exercise.
Weight room general rules
- Proper training attire (shirts, shorts/sweat outfits, closed toed and non-skid shoes) is required. Outdoor footwear is not permitted.
- Please use lockers for coats and bags. Gym bags, jackets and change of clothing are not permitted in the workout area.
- Use of weight room restricted to those over 16 years of age or 12 - 15 years with adult supervision.
Weight room safety
- Report any injuries or facility/equipment deficiencies to front desk staff immediately.
- Ensure the pins and collars are secure before using any equipment.
- Do not drop, slam or throw the weights. For your safety we encourage the use of spotters.
- No unauthorized personal weight room equipment to be brought into the weight/exercise room.
- To ensure that user safety is not compromised, exercises and/or equipment should not be modified or used in any unintended manner.
- All equipment must be returned to its proper place.
- For safety reasons please refrain from using cell phones while utilizing weight room equipment.
Weight room etiquette
- Re-sealable water bottles only allowed in weight room. No other food or beverage allowed.
- Please limit the amount of time spent on each station or while utilizing equipment, and allow others to work in as requested.
- Please wipe down equipment with designated disinfectant after you use.
- Respect the equipment and your fellow patron. Do not spit in water fountain or sinks, keep feet off the walls and note that horseplay and offensive language are not permitted.
- Out of consideration of others who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing strong colognes or perfumes.
- Only personal sound systems with headsets allowed. No portable stereo systems.
- People with open sores or infectious diseases are not allowed in the weight room.
- No chalking allowed, use of gloves is recommended.
- POOLS ONLY: Wet bathing suits are not appropriate training attire and are not allowed.
Indoor running tracks
To ensure the track area is a clean, safe & enjoyable environment in which to exercise, please adhere to the following:
Indoor running tracks general rules
- Persons under the age of 8 are not permitted on the track. Persons under the age of 13 years must supervised by an adult (18 years + over).
- Please wear clean shoes and proper walking attire.
- Please observe running direction, even -> odd <- days.
- Please use lockers for coats and bags. Gym bags, jackets and change of clothing are not permitted in the track area.
- Please do not leave valuables in the open – use lockers or where available checking envelopes that can be obtained at the front desk, where available.
- Walking poles are permitted on indoor tracks, provided that rubber boot or bell tips are utilized.
Indoor running tracks safety
- Keep to the inside track of the track except when passing
- Shoulder check and verbalize your intentions before passing. If being passed, please keep your pace consistent as speeding up or slowing down could be hazardous to others
- When slowing to a stop please shoulder check before moving off the track.
- Report any injuries or facility/equipment deficiencies to staff immediately.
- No free weights on the track. Velcro or secured wrist and ankle weights allowed.
Indoor running tracks etiquette
- No spitting or littering.
- Please confine all exercises to warm up areas.
- Out of consideration for others who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing colognes or perfumes.
- Re-sealable plastic water bottles only allowed on the track. No other food or beverage allowed.