Fitness centres, weight rooms & running tracks
City-operated fitness and leisure centres are now open, with the exception of St. James Civic Centre.
Residents are encouraged to book fitness blocks prior to arriving, as there is no guarantee of available blocks for registration upon arrival. Blocks will be offered on a week-by-week basis and reservations can be made up to 10 p.m. the day before the pre-reserved time (space permitting). Every Thursday, another week of fitness blocks will be added to what’s available for registration.
Access to lockers and change rooms/showers will be limited. Please come dressed and ready to use the fitness amenities.
Customers are asked to use the self-assessment symptom checklist at the time of pre-booking, and before entering the facilities. Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to enter.
For more information, see: winnipeg.ca/COVID-19.
Les centres de conditionnement physique et de loisirs exploités par la Ville sont désormais ouverts, à l’exception de celui du centre municipal de St. James.
Depuis le 3 septembre 2021, il faut désormais une preuve d’immunisation contre la COVID-19 pour entrer dans les piscines, les centres de conditionnement physique, les centres de loisirs et les arénas que la Ville exploite, et pour participer aux programmes intérieurs qui y sont donnés.
On encourage les membres du public à réserver un bloc de conditionnement physique avant d’arriver aux installations, car il n’y aura pas nécessairement la place pour s’inscrire à l’improviste. Les blocs seront accessibles une semaine à la fois, et les membres du public pourront s’inscrire jusqu’à 22 h la veille, s’il y a la place. Chaque jeudi, on ajoutera une nouvelle semaine de blocs de conditionnement physique auxquels il sera possible de s’inscrire.
L’accès aux casiers et aux vestiaires/douches sera limité. Veuillez vous habiller convenablement pour utiliser les installations de conditionnement physique avant d’arriver sur les lieux.
Les membres de la clientèle doivent lire la liste des symptômes et s’autoévaluer au moment de la réservation et avant d’entrer dans l’installation. Les personnes qui ont des symptômes de la COVID-19 ne seront pas admises.
Visitez winnipeg.ca/virusCOVID-19 pour en savoir plus.
Below is a list of our fitness centres which include weight rooms and indoor Running tracks.
|Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex||999 Sargent Ave.||
|Elmwood Kildonans||909 Concordia Ave.||
|Fort Rouge Leisure Centre||625 Osborne St.||
|Freight House Recreation Centre||Door #1 - 200 Isabel St.||
|Kinsmen Sherbrook||380 Sherbrook St.||
|Pan Am Pool||25 Poseidon Bay||
|Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre||1400 Rothesay St.||
|Sergeant Tommy Prince Place||90 Sinclair St.||
|St. James Assiniboia Centennial||644 Parkdale St.||
|St. James Civic Centre Pool||2055 Ness Ave.||
Fitness block registration
Registration for a block of fitness time is encouraged. Registration fitness blocks will update weekly, for a week at a time. Residents are able to pre-book two-hour fitness blocks by contacting 311 or through leisureONLINE.
A leisureONLINE account is required. Customers will need to add family members to their account in order to book swim blocks for family members. Single admission rates will apply for each family member.
Video tutorials are available on:
How to create an account
How to register for an activity
Rules & guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that weight training / exercise rooms are clean, safe, and enjoyable places to exercise.
Weight room general rules
- Proper training attire (shirts, shorts/sweat outfits, closed toed and non-skid shoes) is required. Outdoor footwear is not permitted.
- Please use lockers for coats and bags. Gym bags, jackets and change of clothing are not permitted in the workout area.
- Use of weight room restricted to those over 16 years of age or 12 - 15 years with adult supervision.
Weight room safety
- Report any injuries or facility/equipment deficiencies to front desk staff immediately.
- Ensure the pins and collars are secure before using any equipment.
- Do not drop, slam or throw the weights. For your safety we encourage the use of spotters.
- No unauthorized personal weight room equipment to be brought into the weight/exercise room.
- To ensure that user safety is not compromised, exercises and/or equipment should not be modified or used in any unintended manner.
- All equipment must be returned to its proper place.
- For safety reasons please refrain from using cell phones while utilizing weight room equipment.
Weight room etiquette
- Re-sealable water bottles only allowed in weight room. No other food or beverage allowed.
- Please limit the amount of time spent on each station or while utilizing equipment, and allow others to work in as requested.
- Please wipe down equipment with designated disinfectant after you use.
- Respect the equipment and your fellow patron. Do not spit in water fountain or sinks, keep feet off the walls and note that horseplay and offensive language are not permitted.
- Out of consideration of others who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing strong colognes or perfumes.
- Only personal sound systems with headsets allowed. No portable stereo systems.
- People with open sores or infectious diseases are not allowed in the weight room.
- No chalking allowed, use of gloves is recommended.
- POOLS ONLY: Wet bathing suits are not appropriate training attire and are not allowed.
Indoor running tracks
To ensure the track area is a clean, safe & enjoyable environment in which to exercise, please adhere to the following:
Indoor running tracks general rules
- Persons under the age of 8 are not permitted on the track. Persons under the age of 13 years must supervised by an adult (18 years + over).
- Please wear clean shoes and proper walking attire.
- Please observe running direction, even -> odd <- days.
- Please use lockers for coats and bags. Gym bags, jackets and change of clothing are not permitted in the track area.
- Please do not leave valuables in the open – use lockers or where available checking envelopes that can be obtained at the front desk, where available.
- Walking poles are permitted on indoor tracks, provided that rubber boot or bell tips are utilized.
Indoor running tracks safety
- Keep to the inside track of the track except when passing
- Shoulder check and verbalize your intentions before passing. If being passed, please keep your pace consistent as speeding up or slowing down could be hazardous to others
- When slowing to a stop please shoulder check before moving off the track.
- Report any injuries or facility/equipment deficiencies to staff immediately.
- No free weights on the track. Velcro or secured wrist and ankle weights allowed.
Indoor running tracks etiquette
- No spitting or littering.
- Please confine all exercises to warm up areas.
- Out of consideration for others who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing colognes or perfumes.
- Re-sealable plastic water bottles only allowed on the track. No other food or beverage allowed.