|St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool temporarily closed : Pool and hot tub closed Friday, March 22 at 4:30pm and will re-open Saturday, March 23 at 12:00pm|
|Notice: Transcona Kinsmen Centennial PAL lift closed until further notice.|
Check individual pool pages from the listing below for scheduled maintenance closures.
Public Swim (at-a-glance)
Free Swimming (at-a-glance)
For complete facility schedules, please visit the web page of the pool of your choice listed below.
Take a look at Pools at a Glance for a listing of amenities.
Swimming is a life skill; learn more about our swim lessons.
Check Leisure Guide Swimming brochure - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
There are 7 types of swim times offered. Public admission requirements apply to all swim times.
- Public Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone;
- Lap Swim: designated time for safe fitness swimming in lane formations;
- Free Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone; no admission fees apply;
- Loonie / Toonie Swim: designated time for safe activities for all people that meet admission requirements, admission fee for under 18 years is $ 1.00; admission fee for 18 years and over is $2.00;
- Family Swim: designated time for safe activities for families, adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by adults;
- Adult Swim: designated time for safe activities for people 18 years and over;
- Youth Swim: designated time for safe activities for swimmers 9 - 19 years of age.
Admission Rates and Requirements
Height Requirements - all children who do not meet the pool's height requirement must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
Entry Requirements - all children under 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
You could work as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard with us!
We offer all the courses you need to get certified to work with us – start today! Join the wave of the future… train to become a City of Winnipeg Instructor/Lifeguard. Read more.
If you are 16 years of age and have a current National Lifeguard Service award; Standard First Aid; CPR C; Lifesaving & First Aid Instructors; Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, you could join our Instructor/Guard team.
Our 16 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week operation has great opportunities for part-time employees. Read more
To begin the application process on-line, visit www.winnipeg.ca/hr.
- Leisure Guide Swimming brochure - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
- Pool Rules and Safety
- Pool Water Quality and Practicing Healthy Swimming Behaviours
- Entry Requirements
- Height Requirements
- Admission Rates
- Printable copy of Pool Entry, Admission and Safety Guidelines
- Indoor Track locations