Check individual pool pages from the listing below for scheduled maintenance closures.
Public & Leisure* Swim
Free Swimming (at-a-glance)
* The new Leisure Swim pool space dedicated to our customers who are solely there to have fun in the water. No rentals, no lessons!
For complete facility schedules, please visit the web page of the pool of your choice listed below.
Take a look at Pools at a Glance for a listing of amenities.
Swimming is a life skill; learn more about our swim lessons.
Check Leisure Guide Swimming brochure - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
There are 7 types of swim times offered. Public admission requirements apply to all swim times.
- Public Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone;
- Lap Swim: designated time for safe fitness swimming in lane formations;
- Free Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone; no admission fees apply;
- Loonie / Toonie Swim: designated time for safe activities for all people that meet admission requirements, admission fee for under 18 years is $ 1.00; admission fee for 18 years and over is $2.00;
- Family Swim: designated time for safe activities for families, adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by adults;
- Adult Swim: designated time for safe activities for people 18 years and over;
- Youth Swim: designated time for safe activities for swimmers 9 - 19 years of age.
Admission Rates and Requirements
Height Requirements - all children who do not meet the pool's height requirement must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
Entry Requirements - all children under 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
You could work as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard with us!
We offer all the courses you need to get certified to work with us – start today! Join the wave of the future… train to become a City of Winnipeg Instructor/Lifeguard. Read more.
If you are 16 years of age and have a current National Lifeguard Service award; Standard First Aid; CPR C; Lifesaving & First Aid Instructors; Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, you could join our Instructor/Guard team.
Our 16 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week operation has great opportunities for part-time employees. Read more
To begin the application process on-line, visit www.winnipeg.ca/hr.
- Leisure Guide Swimming brochure - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
- Pool Rules and Safety
- Pool Water Quality and Practicing Healthy Swimming Behaviours
- Entry Requirements
- Height Requirements
- Admission Rates
- Printable copy of Pool Entry, Admission and Safety Guidelines
- Indoor Track locations