Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Community Services

Swimming lessons

To see the full selection of classes being offered, visit leisureONLINE

What you need to know

Parents are strongly encouraged to accompany their child in the water in an effort to ensure social distancing, and parents may be asked to accompany their child in the water should the child be unable to maintain a 2m between themselves and other swimmers when asked for the following levels:

Sea Otter, Salamander, Sunfish, Crocodile/Whale, SK1, SK2, SK3

Parents/Guardian is REQUIRED to participate in-water with: Starfish/Duck/Sea Turtle registrants and Sea Otter until the instructor advises otherwise.

Please note:

  • On-deck seating is limited, parents and guardians are asked when possible that only 1 parent/guardian accompany a child(ren) onto the pool deck and space will be limited.
  • All family members visiting Pan Am Pool are asked to complete a self-assessment prior to their arrival, and to not attend the facility if any family member is feeling unwell.
  • Children participating in lessons are asked to practice frequent handwashing, keeping hands to themselves and maintaining 6 ft of social distancing.
  • Access to change rooms, lockers and showers may be limited.
  • All patrons are expected to shower before entering the pool deck.
  • To participate safely in lessons, masks are not to be worn by patrons in the water.
Last update: November 26, 2021

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.