Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
What’s Your Residential Street Snow Zone?
Community Services

Services for Persons with a Disability

Leisure Guide

Persons with a disability are invited and encouraged to participate in all Community Services-sponsored programs offered within the Leisure Guide. Every effort will be made to provide a positive recreation experience.

View the current Leisure Guide.

Attendant Service

Whenever possible, please provide a family member or caregiver to assist the person with a disability in their class. If not possible, please to request an attendant. Every effort will be made to provide assistance for a participant in a Leisure Guide program, other than aquatic programs. No toileting services are provided.

Caregivers Accompanying Participants

Admission and registration fees will be waived for caregivers, teachers and workers accompanying people with a disability that require assistance or support during their visit to a facility or program.

Sign Language Interpreter Request

You must be registered in a Leisure Guide program before you can request an interpreter. Please note: this is only for American Sign Language. We do not supply a language interpreter.

In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Sign Language Interpreter Policy, the interpreter is paid for by the Community Services Department.

To request a sign language interpreter:

  • your request
  • Please include the name of the participant and the course in which they are registered.
  • You will be contacted prior to the start of the course to confirm your request.

Note: If you have arranged for an attendant/interpreter and your class is cancelled or you are unable to attend, please contact 311 immediately to advise. If no notice is given, and an attendant/interpreter goes out on more than one occasion, your next request may not be processed.

Last update: February 1, 2019