Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
What’s Your Residential Street Snow Zone?
Community Services

Working in Recreation & Leisure

Summer 2020 Recreation Technicians for Wading Pools, Facilities, Preschool, Children's & Youth Programs

Are youinterested in working as a Recreation Technician in a dynamic and fun environment?
Then the Community Services Department is looking for you.

Apply online and then come in person to our Recruitment Fair. We will be conducting interviews at the Recruitment Fair only.

2020 Recruitment Fair Locations

(Interested applicants need only attend one session)

  • Tuesday, March 10, 2020
    1 – 5:30 p.m.
    Sergeant Tommy Prince Place, 90 Sinclair St.
  • Thursday, March 12, 2020
    1 – 5:30 p.m.
    Sergeant Tommy Prince Place, 90 Sinclair St.
  • Wednesday, March 25, 2020
    4 – 8 pm
    Fort Rouge Leisure Centre, 625 Osborne St.

For more information or to apply online today, please visit (Posting #118531)

Visit for current employment opportunities.

Check leisureONLINE for First Aid and CPR registration!

Employment opportunities include:

Recreation Technician

Visit for current employment opportunities.

All applicants must have current Emergency First Aid and Level C CPR.

Note: CPR requires annual re-certification.

Instructor Guard

You could work as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard with us!

We offer all the courses you need to get certified to work with us—start today! Join the wave of the future—train to become a City of Winnipeg Instructor/Lifeguard.

If you are 16 years of age and have a current National Lifeguard Service award; Standard First Aid; CPR C; Lifesaving & First Aid Instructors; Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, you could join our Instructor/Guard team.

Our 16 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week operation has great opportunities for part-time employees.

To begin the application process on-line, visit

Applications for the position of Instructor/Guard are accepted year-round, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (except holidays) at the Susan A. Thompson Building – Main Floor, 510 Main Street, Main Floor.

Recruitment information available at

Recreation Program Leaders

Can you teach a special skill? Do you have a course in mind?

Are you interested in leading recreation programs such as those offered in the City of Winnipeg's Leisure Guide?

To submit a program proposal, please include the following information:

  • A resume complete with contact information
  • Title of Course
  • A brief description of the course(s)
  • Facility and supply requirements
  • Suggested length and duration of the course
  • Preferred dates, days and time for the course to operate
  • Any other pertinent information you feel that is needed
  • Potential Locations

Check out what we offer in our current Leisure Guide.

Printable copy of application

Email completed application.

Last update: January 24, 2020