COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux

Using outdoor recreation and park amenities

Residents seeking to get active this winter season are encouraged to get outside and enjoy a wide-range of City trails, while staying safe. Persons of all ages and abilities are invited to embrace the beauty of Winnipeg winters, safely and responsibly as you can still follow provincial health orders while getting some much-needed fresh air.

While some of our amenities are closed due to public health orders, our parks, dog parks, trails, and active transportation pathways are open throughout the winter.

Our active transportation routes receive an enhanced level of snow clearing to ensure these important connections are available to users throughout the winter months. More information, including a sidewalk snow clearing priority map, see: Snow Clearing.  

Parks and open spaces safety measures

  • Maintain a distance of at least two metres/six feet from every other individual who is not in your household.
  • Do not gather in groups larger than the provincial group size restrictions.

What can I do?

  • Play on the playground.
  • Use athletic fields.
  • Explore our local and regional parks by following the trails and pathways that run through them.
  • Embrace the tall grass prairie by exploring the Living Prairie Museum’s self-guided trails.
  • Take your furry four-legged friend to one of our off-leash dog areas.
  • Go cross country skiing on one of our groomed trails in our parks and golf courses in the winter months.
  • Explore Winnipeg’s cycling network
  • Use the toboggan hills and winter slides in City parks in the winter months as conditions permit.
  • Skate on outdoor pleasure rinks in City parks in the winter months as conditions permit.
  • Skate on outdoor rinks at community centres throughout the city in the winter months, as conditions permit.
  • Apply to the Adopt-a-Rink Program.
  • Use standalone washroom facilities in City parks. Those with vestibules (common areas) where people could gather before entering the washroom are closed until further notice.  

What can’t I do?

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.