Financial Planning and Review
An internal service offered to financial stewards of the City of Winnipeg that provides sound annual and longer term financial resource planning.
The primary clients of this service are the organization's financial stewards.
Value of Service
The value of this service to our clients is the receipt of accurate, timely, relevant, complete, and understandable information and options enabling optimal resource allocation decisions.
- Annual Capital Estimates and Five-Year Forecast
- Multi-year Operating Budget including Tax-Supported and Utilities
- Annual Budget Summary
- Financial Management Plan (Status report or revised plan)
- Review of Service/Department Budgets
- Review of Alternative Service Delivery (ASD) proposals
- Ten year operating tax-supported forecast
- Review of Special projects
This division provides leadership in the development of corporate fiscal strategy reflective of government priorities and promotes alignment to that strategy by challenging administrative operations through budget review. The division's responsibilities include financial planning, financial forecasting, budget process management and in-year budget approval process management.