Winnipeg Fleet Management Agency is a Special Operating Agency dedicated to fleet service delivery with the ability to provide integrated service and comprehensive fleet management expertise to its customers. The Agency uses Life Cycle Cost Management principles to manage a fleet of approximately 1,610 light and heavy vehicles and specialty equipment ranging from riding mowers to front-end loaders.
Mission & Vision
The Agency’s mission is to provide economical, state-of-the-art, safe and eco-friendly fleet vehicle, equipment and other asset management services to the City of Winnipeg and other public sector organizations, in support of their service delivery.
The vision of the Agency is to become the best public fleet service provider in North America.
- The goals of the Agency are as follows:
- Present planned and demanded vehicles and equipment to ensure City departments’ operational performance requirements and safety legislative requirements are met.
- Maintain fleet service centres which provide superior customer service and administrative support to the City’s geographically dispersed and varying fleet, while ensuring reliability and safety.
- Manage the City’s fuel distribution system on a day to day and emergency basis, providing customers with a safe, dependable and convenient fuel supply, while ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Encourage fleet greenhouse gas emission awareness through research, testing, and offering environmentally friendly vehicles and equipment, and alternative fuels.
- Expand fleet management services to new customers within the City and offer services to external public sector markets.