Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
311 City Services

Self Service Requests

Self Service Requests

Request a service or report a problem. After submitting a self service request, you will receive a 311 reference number. Track the status of your service request using the "Track a Service Request" form to the right, or call 311 anytime for additional information and assistance.

Search City Services to register or apply for programs, make a payment or get information.

Submit a Service Request Online

Address Information

Allotment / Community Gardens

Animal and Insects - Pests

Athletic Fields

Bid Opportunities

Bicycle Registration

Bike/Cycling Paths

Broken Playground Structure


  • Annually, the City of Winnipeg Council adopts a budget that guides capital and operating expenditures for the given year, and provides a five-year capital forecast and 2 year projection of its spending and revenues.

Building Permits - Residential

Building Regulation Brochures

Business Licences

By-Law Screening Services

Census Information

City By-laws

City Locations and Hours

City News and Information

Construction Permits

Crime Reporting

Report a Crime online

  • Report damage to property or vehicles, theft, lost property and update existing police reports for non-violent incidents with no suspects.
  • * Note this link will take you to the Police Online Reporting website

Crime Statistics

  • CrimeMaps shows crime statistics, maps and graphs, which are updated weekly.

Crossing Permit

  • At any time an applicant requires to cross a city right-of-way a Crossing Permit is required.

Discharge Weapon Permit

Dogs Available for Adoption

  • Many of the dogs brought to Animal Services are strays that are never claimed by their owners. Help us give these dogs a second chance.
  • Adopt a Dog

Dutch Elm Disease

Request City inspection of Elm trees that show symptoms or signs of Dutch Elm Disease. (Seasonal)

Emergency Planning

  • EmergWeb, your one-stop shop for City information during an emergency.

Fences: Broken, Improper Height

Financial Assistance Programs

Filming in Winnipeg

Financial Reports and Documents

Find Parking

  • View the locations, hours and rates for City of Winnipeg parkades and lots.
  • Download the PayByPhone app! Pay for your on-street parking without having to leave your vehicle or remembering to bring change. Get a text reminder when your time is almost up!

Garbage Bins in Parks

  • Garbage bins in parks are emptied once every 2 weeks in conjunction with the mowing cycle

General Problems with House

Handicapped Accessibility

Home Based Business

  • The zoning by-law regulates home-based businesses by ensuring the character of a residential area is maintained

Indoor Pool Locations and Swim Schedules

  • Swimming is a fun, educational and healthy lifestyle choice. Whether you are coming to enjoy some of the fun pool toys and equipment or enrolling in one of the many programs, we have something for everyone.
  • Find a pool

Insect Control

Leisure Guide Program Registration - leisureonline

Library Catalogue

Lights and Fountain not Working

Litter in Public Areas

  • Picked up once every 2 weeks - in conjunction with the mowing cycle.

Litter on Boulevard

Lost Property

Manhole Cover - Missing or Ajar

  • Call 9-1-1


Marriage Services at City Hall

  • Ceremonies are available in both French and English and are non-denominational in nature.
  • For more information on City Hall weddings, including ceremony details and booking information, please see

Mobile Apps

  • Download our apps to have information on City services available on your mobile device

Mobile Sign Permit


  • If you find a needle or syringe in a playground or park, contact 311

Noise Permit

Occupancy Permit

On Street Parking

Park Benches

Parking Ban Information

  • The Annual Snow Route Parking Ban is in effect from December 1 to March 1.
  • Visit for information about parking bans and to sign up for winter parking ban email notifications.
  • Download the Know Your Zone mobile app at the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store. For more information about the app, please visit

Parks and Amenities


  • Winnipeg Parks are open for use from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on average. Some parks will identify the park hours on a sign leading into the park. Many of our community parks have no time limits posted.
  • Park Washrooms - Hours of Operation

Parks and Open Space Rentals

peggo Transit Card

  • About peggo
  • Our new reloadable electronic peggo card makes paying your transit fare more convenient than ever.
  • peggo online account
  • Log in to your account at any time and see what your remaining balance is on your peggo card, see what passes you may have pending, and set up auto reloads.

Pet License

Property and Neighbourhood Standards

Public Engagement Opportunities

Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Charities and Places of Worship

Collection Services

Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Multi-Family

Collection Services

Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Residential

What goes where?

Search for an item to find out how to recycle or dispose of it.

Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Small Business

Collection Services

Residential Parking

Sewer and Water - Permits and Licenses

Sewer Drains (Catch Basin)

Report frozen Sewer Drains (catch basin) to prevent street flooding. If private property is flooded or there's a safety concern phone 311. (Seasonal)

Sidewalk, Street, Curb Repair

Report sidewalks in need of repair. If public safety is a concern call 311.

Special Events

Sponsorship Opportunities

Snow Removal - On Street Only


  • Call Police non-emergency at 204-986-6222

Street Cleaning

Street Light Not Working

Street/Block Party and Special Event Permits

Street Related Permits

  • Use of Street Permit:
    • Annual Curb Lane Usage
    • Construction
    • Loading/Unloading
    • Sewer/Water/Sprinkler Operations
    • Street Festival, Marathon and Film Production
    • Block Party
    • Conducting Business on a Boulevard
  • Crossing Permit

Street Sign - Install/Remove

Request to install, change or remove street signage
For missing stop signs call 311

Subdivisions, Rezonings, and Development Applications

Swimming Lesson Registration

Swimming Pool Information - Residential

Tax and Assessment Information

  • My Properties allows you to view tax and assessment details about your property

Tax Installment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P.)

Transit Website

Traffic Light Not Working

Utility Bill Payment

Vacant and Boarded Up Buildings

Vehicles for Hire

  • Vehicles for Hire
  • The Vehicles for Hire By-law No. 129/2017 regulates the vehicle for hire industry including dispatchers of vehicles for hire; vehicles for hire; and drivers of vehicles for hire.
  • Vehicles for hire are divided into taxis, consisting of standard taxis and accessible taxis; and Personal Transportation Provider (PTP) vehicles, consisting of standard PTP vehicles, accessible PTP vehicles, and limousines.

Walkway Light Not Working

Waterway Permit

Who is my Councillor and What Ward am I in?


  • Zoning is involved with all development and/or building on any site within the City of Winnipeg.

Your personal information is being collected under the authority of s.36(1)(b) of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This information will be used to complete the request that you have submitted to 311 and for 311 service quality assurance, training and monitoring purposes and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail to City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9, or by telephone at 311.

Last update: July 08, 2019
Track a Service Request
Search City Services
Use the search box below to find information you are looking for.
View the Neighbourhood Map to search city services.
Make the Right Call
  • Emergency calls:
    Call 9‑1‑1
  • Police non-emergency calls:
  • City Services: 3‑1‑1