Accessibility Features on Winnipeg.ca
The City of Winnipeg website incorporates the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to fulfill the Universal Design policy passed by City Council on December 12, 2001.
If you have any suggestions for improving the accessibility features of our website, please contact the Web Manager.
Resizing Text on This Website
If you find text on this website difficult to read, please use the text size selector buttons located in the top left of this website to increase the font size to small, medium or large text.
You can also change the text size using your browser's settings.
This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the website. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
Access keys used on this site:
- Access key 1 - Skip to the top navigation above the page header (Home, Francais, Search)
- Access key 2 - Skip to the Three One One link
- Access key 3 - Skip to City of Winnipeg main menu (Residents, Business, Visitors etc.)
- Access key 4 - Skip to left navigation menu
- Access key 5 - Skip to content area
- Access key 6 - Skip to right sidebar (if it exists on the page)
- Access key 7 - Skip to footer links
- External links and internal City links that open with a proprietary plug-in (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) and do not adhere to the City's standard look and feel and files will open in a new browser window.
- Images used in this site include descriptive ALT tags.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
Email Form Verification Code
Email forms on this website require the user to enter a verification code to verify the sender is human, and not automated scripts sending spam emails.
The verification code is a set of numbers displayed in a box at the bottom of the email form page. The numbers must be entered in the Re-enter Verification Code box in the order they are displayed.
If you are unable to see the numbers, you may hover over the Verification Code display area, which will show the numbers in a pop-up box.