Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see the items available for sale?
- Most surplus equipment and materials are currently located indoors at 185 Tecumseh Street. Call 204-918-3608 or email SurplusSales@winnipeg.ca to book an appointment for viewing.
Are prices negotiable?
- No. Sale prices are non-negotiable and subject to applicable taxes.
Can I test drive a vehicle?
- No. The engine may be started, but no test drives are allowed. On-site inspections of vehicles are encouraged.
Are vehicles safetied?
- No. Vehicles are sold without a safety Certificate of Inspection. These items are offered on an "As Is - Where Is" basis. The City makes no representations or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, about the condition or fitness of an item for a particular purpose.
Which methods of payment are accepted?
- If you want to purchase an item, a deposit of 10% of the Sale Price must be made by personal cheque which will then be returned once full payment is received. Full payment must be received within 3 business days, otherwise the deposit will be forfeited and not returned.
- Full payment, including taxes, must be in the form of bank draft, certified cheque, or money order payable to The City of Winnipeg.
How do I remove the vehicle?
- Once full payment is received the City will provide you with a Bill of Sale and Transfer of Ownership Document. With this documentation you may apply to MPIC for temporary insurance. With proof of insurance and a valid driver's licence you may drive the vehicle off the City’s site. Or, you can arrange to have the vehicle towed from the City’s site, at your expense. Vehicles must be removed on the same day the Bill of Sale is provided.
May an item be returned for refund?
- No. All sales are final.
Last update: July 28, 2016