COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux

Permits Online expanded for homeowners

Building permits for small outdoor home renovation projects are now just a few clicks away

May 15, 2020

Permits Online expanded for homeowners

As Winnipeg residents prepare for outdoor summer home renovation projects, the City of Winnipeg has expanded its Permits Online service to allow homeowners to submit digital permit applications for certain types of residential projects.

Application submissions through Permits Online were previously offered only to contractors, but the ability to use all functions of this convenient, online website portal is now available for Winnipeg homeowners, too.

“We recently expanded our Permits Online service to include homeowners,” says Alana Crocker, Manager of the Development & Inspections Division for the Planning, Property & Development Department.

Permits Online is a digital resource that allows an applicant to create an account and once activated, manage active permits and applications by tracking the status, submitting documents, and making online payments.

“We like to think of Permits Online as your one-stop-shop to manage your building permits and applications,” adds Crocker.

Homeowners and contractors alike can apply for the following building permits online (new construction only): decks, detached garages, outdoor pools (in-ground and above-ground), hot tubs/spas, carports, other structures larger than 10 m2/108 sq. ft. (sheds, gazebos, greenhouses).

Permits Online also includes resources and instructional videos – just in time for small home renovation projects this summer.

The City is encouraging customer feedback about the Permits Online application process. Each successful permit application will receive a link to a brief customer survey, to help us understand the application experience and make potential improvements to the process in the future.

Homeowner, Renter and Business Information
Help us improve! Aidez-nous à améliorer!

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.