Under the direction of the Volunteer Coordinator and the assigned Constable, Community Volunteers staff the front counter at the Public Safety Building/Police Headquarters, the East District Station, the West District Station and the Winnipeg Police Museum in the City of Winnipeg.
The duties of a Community Volunteer include:
- Greet the public, question as to the reason for their attendance
- Ensure the person has the proper document(s) to conduct business
- Answer the telephone and redirect calls / forward messages
- Provide administrative support for the Block Parent Program
- Provide direction/referrals concerning WPS and outside agency programs
- Ensure pamphlets are available to the public
- Accept payment & applications for Alarm Permits
- Accept applications for a Criminal Record Search
- Assist in the preparation of a Constable taking a report
For further information interested individuals can contact the Community Volunteer Coordinator Paul Gillespie at 204-451-3752.
Community Volunteer Applicants Please Note:
Volunteer Applications should be submitted in person to the Volunteer Desk at Winnipeg Police Service Headquarters (245 Smith Street) between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Volunteer Applications will be kept on file for a period of six months.