Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |

Winnipeg Police Service

November 27, 2019

Winnipeg Police Service Media Release
For Immediate Release

Break & Enter – Arrests: C19-277420

On November 26, 2019, the Winnipeg Police Service was notified of a theft that had occurred overnight at a construction site in the 200 block of Hamilton Avenue. Several items had been stolen, including a generator worth approximately $60,000.

Members of the Major Crimes Unit began an investigation and located the stolen generator outside of a residence in the 700 block of Vimy Road. Investigators took three people into custody, and a search warrant was executed.

The stolen property from the construction site was recovered, along with a piece of equipment that had been taken from an unrelated construction site in May 2017.

Ronald Scott Jensen, a 51-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:

- Break Enter & Theft – Place
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000

He was detained in custody.

A 43-year-old female of Winnipeg faces charges of:

- Break Enter & Theft – Place

She was released on a Promise to Appear.

Animal Cruelty – Arrest: C19-80370

On April 16, 2019, the Winnipeg Police Service was contacted regarding a male dragging a dog on the Slaw Rebchuk Bridge. The male had been seen striking the dog, dragging it and throwing it to the ground.

Members of the Winnipeg Police Service attended along with members of the Animal Services Agency. A male was arrested, and the young female German Sheppard cross was turned over the Animal Services Agency.

On August 28, 2019, the Crown's office authorized charges against the male, and a warrant was issued for his arrest on October 1, 2019.

On October 10, 2019, the male turned himself in to police. He was later released on a Promise to Appear.

Brennan Bird, a 27-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:

- Killing or Injuring Other Animals.
- Causing Unnecessary Suffering to an Animal

Animal Cruelty – Arrest: R19-66631

On September 30, 2019, an adult female turned a young male dog over to the Animal Services Agency, advising that she had found it as a stray in the Sage Creek area.

The American Bull Dog cross dog was found to have significant lacerations to its thigh, chest and shoulder areas, along with an “X” carved into its shoulder. An examination by a veterinarian determined the wounds appeared deliberate, and the Winnipeg Police Service was notified.

Through the course of an investigation, it was determined that the female who turned over the dog was the owner of the dog.

On October 10, 2019, members of the Winnipeg Police Service located the suspect female in the Steinbach area and placed her under arrest. She was later released on a Promise to Appear.

Crystal Dawn Stadt, a 30-year-old female of Hanover, Manitoba, has been charged with:

- Abandon or Neglect Animal

Suspected animal cruelty or neglect anywhere in Manitoba should be reported to the Provincial Animal Care Line at 204-945-8000.

Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed and spay/neuter your pets. If you need help, reach out to friends, family, animal shelters, rescues and or social services. For more information on accessing social services, please visit:

More information on reporting suspected animal cruelty or neglect can be found here:

Last Update: November 27, 2019

Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer
Constable Dani McKinnon, Public Information Officer
Constable Claude Chancy, Public Information Officer
Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs

Office: 204-986-3061

Make the Right Call
  • Emergency calls: 9-1-1
  • Non-emergency calls:
  • Hearing impaired line:
News & Highlights
Connect With Us

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.