September 22, 2021 Media Release
On September 10, 2021, Winnipeg Police General Patrol officers responded to a robbery that had occurred at approximately 1:30 p.m. The victim, a female in her twenties, was a passenger on a Winnipeg Transit bus when a suspect grabbed her phone. When she tried to get the phone back, she was assaulted. The suspect left the bus near McPhillips Street and Burrows Avenue. The victim was transported to hospital where she was treated for her injuries.
The suspect is described as a male in his 30’s, with a medium build. The following are images of the suspect:
Anyone with information that could assist in this investigation is asked to call 204-986-6219 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
On September 18, 2021, the Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit, with the assistance of the Tactical Support Team, executed a Controlled Drug and Substances Act search warrant at a residence in the 500 block of Selkirk Avenue.
As a result of this investigation, an adult male was taken into custody, and the following items were seized:
- 390 grams of cocaine (estimated street value $31,000)
- 41 grams of crack cocaine (estimated street value $2,500)
- 176 grams cutting agent
- $2075 in Canadian currency
- production and packaging materials
- two BB guns
Bill Chege WANGUI, 26, of Winnipeg, was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon, or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x 2
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Possess Item for Use in Production or Trafficking a Scheduled Substance
He was detained in custody.
Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer
Constable Dani McKinnon, Public Information Officer
Constable Claude Chancy, Public Information Officer
Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs