Be cautious when speaking to someone on the phone, as it is very difficult to confirm their identity.
They could be a fraudster.
- If a caller refuses to identify him or herself to you – hang up.
- If you get a call from someone who says they represent a legitimate company or a government agency and they are seeking personal information:
- Hang up.
- Look up the company, government agency, financial institution or police service’s number and call them directly to confirm the call.
- Do not give out personal information to anyone. This includes credit card and banking information.
- Never let an unknown caller know that you are home alone.
- If you are receiving annoying or harassing phone calls, hang up and activate a call trace feature (such as *57 from a landline). Document the time and nature of the calls and assemble a record of the calls contacting the police.
- Call 9-1-1 if the calls are threatening in nature.
Download a copy of our personal safety in the home brochure.