Minimum Home Repair Program
The City of Winnipeg has established the Minimum Home Repair Program (MHRP) to address small emergency repairs for owner-occupied housing within designated areas.
- Grants of up to $3,000 are available for emergency repairs problems that could result in vacating the property if not addressed.
- Grants are available in the following five neighbourhoods:
- William Whyte
- North Point Douglas
- West Broadway
Grants are offered on a 'one-time only' basis to qualifying properties and, regardless of ownership changes, may not be received more than once.
To qualify for a Minimum Home Repair Program grant,
- Funding must be available in the neighbourhood in which the property is located
- Qualification for the program must be confirmed through an inspection by City staff.
- A follow-up inspection is required once the repair is completed
A cheque is issued for the grant amount upon completion of the work, and both the property owner and the contractor are identified as payees on the cheque. In this way, the owner can simply sign over the cheque to the contractor once work is satisfactorily completed.
For more information, please contact the City by calling 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org