Commercial Building Inspections
Commercial building inspectors conduct inspections for all commercial buildings, structures and equipment with regards to foundations, structural/non-structural framework, interior and exterior claddings, rough-ins, and finishes.
City inspectors review the following types of construction services:
- New commercial and multi-family (apartments) buildings
- Additions/alterations to all commercial and multi-family buildings
- Foundation repairs and additions/alterations
- Satellite dishes, radio and communication towers/equipment
- Building envelope systems
- Barrier-free design and accessibility
- Building fire safety design and services
- Building demolition permits
Note: The above list is not inclusive, nor is it intended to exclude any other type of construction and/or installation of equipment.
Building Inspectoions Districts Map
A map detailing the commercial building districts and contact information.
Electrical Information Centre
Provides electrical information in brochures, by-laws, and forms.
Mechanical and Plumbing Info Centre
Provides mechanical and plumbing information in brochures, by-laws, and forms.