Commercial Permit Resources
Notice to building permit applicants - The Zoning & Permits Branch is not currently accepting walk-in customers. Permit applications are being processed. However, permit applications must be submitted digitally. Learn more about Digital Permit Applications options and requirements. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
The following information provides members of the professional building and development industry with applications and guidelines for building and development permits.
It is recommended that applicants verify the address of new construction prior to completion of a building permit form. The address can be confirmed with the City at PropertyAddressing@winnipeg.ca but is subject to change.
- Commercial Alteration Design Summary (CADS) - Version 1.0
- Occupancy Permit Request Form
- Wording for Post-Construction Letters of Certification:
- Building and Site Design Summary
- Section I - Application Information
- Section II - Site Plan Checklist
- Section III - Zoning Submissions
- Section IV, Part 1 - Full Architectural Design Summary
- Section IV, Part 2 - Structural Design Summary
- Section IV, Part 3 - Mechanical Design Summary
- Section IV, Part 4 - Electrical Design Summary
- Section V - Manitoba Energy Code for Buildings (MECB) Declaration of Professional Responsibility of the Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP)
- Demolition/Removal Permit Application Form
- Owner Statement (OS) Version 1.5
- Optional Professional Certificate Program (OPCP)
- Required Professional Designer's Certificate (RPDC) Version 1.4
- Required wording for the Final Manitoba Energy Code for Buildings (MECB) Certificate of Compliance