Welcome to the Permits Online System. Registered contractors can apply for a permit online, learn about required documentation, and pay outstanding fees.
The following City of Winnipeg permits may be applied for online:
The following documents must be submitted when applying for permits online:
Residential Applications for New Home Construction:
Two copies of Site Plan showing:
- street name(s) and lanes if applicable
- lot dimensions
- dimensions – building to building
- dimensions – building to property line
- all building projections
- location and dimensions of approach/driveway
- vehicle parking area(s)
- downspouts/sump pump discharge
- construction access to site
- accessory structures
Two copies of construction drawings showing:
- floor plans (all levels) and framing plans
- foundation plan
- section plan(s)
- elevation plans
Plans must have:
- Engineer's seal for steel/engineered beams
- Engineer's seal for engineered floor system
- Engineer's seal for foundation
Additional Items Required (if applicable):
- Septic tank/field location
- Well (water supply) location
Note: One copy of pdf documents is required when using the Online Permits Application, SubmitDocs feature.
If a pdf of documents cannot be attached to the online application, they can then be mailed, couriered, or hand delivered to:
City of Winnipeg Zoning & Permits Branch
Unit 31 – 30 Fort Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 4X7
Attention: Permits Online Applications
Monday to Friday 5:15 a.m. to 2:45 a.m.
Saturday & Sunday 5:15 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.
The brief shutdown each day will allow for maintenance of the website.
City of Winnipeg staff will process the Permits Online applications Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Customer deposit account
- Master Card
- American Express
If you are unable to pay using the online payment options, the following methods are accepted:
Payments by phone:
Payments by mail:
If you have questions, please contact:
The City of Winnipeg
Planning, Property & Development Department
Unit 31 - 30 Fort Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 4K7
Phone: 204-986-5140 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for Permits Online
- Property Permit Search - Search for construction-related permits by address. You can search for issued, closed and expired permits dating back to January 1, 2000.
- Occupancy Permit Search - Search for occupancy permits by address. This search returns issued Permits after December, 1998. Search results do not include permits that were cancelled, expired, or are currently in the application process.