Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Parks and Open Space

Park Rentals - Insurance requirements

When hosting a one-time event, insurance is required for the following:

  • Expected attendance over 200 people
  • Roadway events
  • Federal Government sponsored event
  • Events with mobile play structures (ex. skate board ramps)
  • Tents that require staking
  • Inflatable bouncy toys rented from commercial companies
  • Any school not covered by Manitoba Association of School Trustees
  • Daycares / Nursery Schools
  • High Hazard / Pyrotechnics Fireworks
  • Filming in a park
  • Fitness Boot Camps/Classes

When insurance is required there is an Administrative fee that will be charged as well as the booking fee.

The Park Rental customer is responsible for arranging for required permits.
The information below is provided as a resource.

To file for a Certificate of Insurance:

Call your insurance agent and ask for a Certificate of Insurance relating to your functions requirements.

The Certificate of Insurance must have evidence of the following insurance requirements:

    • Commercial General Liability insurance (CGL) with a minimum limit of two (2) million dollars, inclusive;
    • The City of Winnipeg added as an additional insured;
    • Evidence of Cross Liability;
    • Minimum fifteen (15) days notice of cancellation clause;

The Certificate of Insurance, detailing the above, should be sent to the following address for approval before a permit will be issued.  Please include a contact name and phone number so that the Insurance Branch may call with any concerns or necessary follow-up.

The City of Winnipeg
Risk Management - Insurance Branch
3rd Floor – 185 King Street, Winnipeg, MB. R3B 1J1

The Public Works Department will be notified upon verification of the insurance, and assuming everything else is in order, they will proceed to issue the permit.

More information

Last update: February 24, 2020

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.